To ensure our ability to provide uninterrupted service to our members during the currend COVID-19 pandemic, we have adjusted our operations. Effective Wednesday, March 25, our Pearl City, Pearl City Station, Kapolei, and Main Station branches are closed until further notice. Our Main Branch at 1537 Young Street will remain open Monday to Friday from 7:30 am to 3:30 pm.
Further, our after hours mainland call center is experiencing greatly elevated call levels. As a result, call to us made between 4:30 pm and 7:30 am may experience extended hold times. In order to minimize hold times, we kindly as that members utilize Home or Mobile Banking as much as possible.
For more information about our operations during the pandemic, our member assistance programs, fee waivers, and more, please see our COVID-19 information page
Beware of Fraud
In times of crisis, fraud by phone and email increases, as criminals try to take advantage of what is often a confusing, stressful time for many. So, it's essential to be extra vigilant during these uncertain times. Below are a few tips and reminders to help you keep your finances safe:
- HLEFCU will never call, text, or email you to ask you for sensitive information like your account, debit card, or credit card number; your PIN; passwords, or your Social Security Number.
- When searching for needed supplies, do not buy from unfamiliar websites.
- Use your HLEFCU Platinum Mastercard instead of your HLEFCU Debit Card when placing online orders to safeguard the funds in your account.
- Do not purchase COVID-19 test kits or treatments online - these are all likely scams.
- Scammers may also pose as hospitals or doctors claiming that they treated a loved one and that payment is required.
- Malware is being embedded into apps that claim they're able to track the spread of the virus. If you want to keep tabs on the spread of the virus, utilize known sources of information like the CDC, the World Health Organization, and John Hopkins University Tracker
We're Moving in 2021!
For more information on our move, please click here
Home Warranty Solicitations
It has come to our attention that members are receiving letters in the mail stating that their home secured by HLEFCU has a home warranty that's about to expire. HLEFCU does not offer home warranties, nor do we require them. Further, the information contained in the letter is available as public records via the State of Hawaii Bureau of Conveyances. Please disregard any such letters (see example here
) and call us at 808.973.4311 if you have any questions.
Home Banking Login Change
Beginning July 22, 2019, we're changing our Home Banking login procedures to provide you with an enhanced level of security. This change involves the addition of an email authentication component to our Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) system. Please read our Home Banking MFA Guide
to learn more about the new login procedure. And if you have any questions, please call us at 808.973.4311, or toll-free at 1.866.351.4311.
Changes to Mastercard Benefits
On July 1, 2019, Mastercard will be enhancing its Mastercard ID Theft Protection program by adding Single Bureau Credit Monitoring, Financial Account Takeover Monitoring, and URL and Domain Monitoring to the existing family of ID Theft Protection benefits. These enhancements will be available to all HLEFCU Mastercard Debit and Credit cardholders.
Mastercard is also making adjustments to its Price Protection Service. Beginning July 1, 2019, Price Protection will no longer be available. Claims filed prior to the July 1, 2019, deadline will continue to process normally. However, Mastercard Debit Price Protection claims will no longer be accepted thereafter.
To learn more about these new enhancements and the overall Mastercard ID Theft Protection program, please visit hlefcu.com, stop by one of our branches, or call us at 808.973.4311 (toll-free 1.866.351.4311).